What is Previous Employment Income
Previous Employment Income is particularly important for tax calculation for new hires or if you’re migrating to AltHR from another payroll system in the middle of the year.
This section allows you to include total remuneration, EPF contribution, and income tax deducted from the beginning of the year into your employee’s tax calculation.
Admins can quickly update employees’ Previous Income Information via the Payroll > Compensation page.
To update previous employment income:
There are TWO (2) places you can update the information:
- People Module
- Payroll Module
- In People module:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to People > Employees.
2. Search for the employee whose information you want to edit.
3. On the right of the employee, click Actions > View Profile.
4. Click the Compensation tab.
5. On the left, click Previous Employment Income.
6. Click Edit.
7. Fill in employee’s total remuneration from the beginning of the year, total EPF contribution, income tax deducted, period of payment start date, and end date.
8. Click Confirm once all the information is completed.
- In Payroll module:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to Others > Payroll > Compensation.
2. Search for the employee's name.
3. On the right, click View.
4. Click Previous Employment Income.
5. You will be redirected to People > Compensation > Previous Employment Income.
6. On the right of the section, click Edit.
7. Enter the new details accordingly.
8. Confirm by clicking Confirm.
- To understand more on how to manage employee compensation, watch this video: