What are Pay Items
Pay items are the components that make up your employee’s monthly salary.
There are four categories of pay items you can use in the payroll module:
|Category||Example of Pay Items|
|2||Additional (Remuneration)||One-off pay items such as bonuses and commissions|
|3||Overtime (Pay)||Normal overtime, overtime on the rest day and public holiday|
|4||Deduction||This is the only pay item that decreases employee’s pay. Examples include unpaid leave, advances, zakat deduction, and more.|
To set and configure pay items:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to Payroll > Settings.
2. Click on the Set Pay Items tab.
3. Select the category that you'd like to add or edit the pay items.
4. Select the desired setting by ticking appropriately for each statutory report.
5. Click Add New Pay Item to add any pay item that is not on the list yet.
Read How to Add New Pay Item if you'd like to find out more on how to do so.
- Full video on "How to Configure Payroll Settings":