What are Pay Items
Pay items are the components that make up your employee’s monthly salary.
There are four categories of pay items you can use in the payroll module:
|Category||Example of Pay Items|
|2||Additional (Remuneration)||One-off pay items such as bonuses and commissions|
|3||Overtime (Pay)||Normal overtime, overtime on the rest day, and public holiday|
|4||Deduction||This is the only pay item that decreases employee’s pay. Examples include unpaid leave, advances, zakat deduction, and more.|
To add new pay items:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to Others > Payroll > Settings.
2. Click on the Set Pay Items tab.
3. Click Add New Pay Item.
4. Enter details of the new pay item such as name, wage type, and EA field.
5. Select whether the tax is to be exempted. If it is exempted and has an exempt limit, set up the exempted limit and select the EA field if the amount exceed exempt limit.
6. Click Confirm once you're done.
- Full video on "How to Configure Payroll Settings":