Disclaimer: The content of this article pertains to the altHR payroll module (not PayrollPanda). As of this date, the altHR payroll module has been discontinued as we form a new partnership with PayrollPanda to bring forth enhanced payroll solutions for our users.
Please ensure all statutory details are filled in correctly and correct checkboxes are ticked. Eg: If employee does not contribute to EPF, to untick EPF checkbox
- To update employee's statutory details to run payroll:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to People > Employees.
2. Search for the employee whose information you want to edit.
3. On the right of the employee, click Actions > View Profile.
4. Click the Compensation tab.
5. On the left, click Statutory Details.
6. Click Add if you have yet to set up the employee's statutory information, or, click Edit if you just need to update the employee's statutory information.
7. Fill in EPF, SOCSO, EIS, Income tax, Zakat (if applicable)'s contribution details
- Please untick "Hey, I'm a fresh graduate" to proceed to fill up the details
- * indicates compulsory field to fill in the details, please fill in those fields before proceeding to confirm
- EPF Number* - Employee's member no. registered with EPF
- EPF Category Type* - Learn more about What are EPF Contribution Categories
- Employee Contribution %* - Employee's portion EPF contribution percentage (Option is as per the default rate and/or special rate set by EPF)
- Employer Contribution %* - Employer's portion EPF contribution percentage (Option is as per the default rate and/or special rate set by EPF)
- Additional contribution - Learn more about How do I contribute to Voluntary Excess EPF
- SOCSO Category*:
- < 60 years old
- Contributions payable by employer and employee for Employment Injury Scheme and Invalidity Scheme
- Employer: 1.75%; Employee: 0.5%
- ≥ 60 years old
- The contribution payable by an employer only for the Employment Injury Scheme
- Employer: 1.25%
- Foreign Workers
- SOCSO Number*: Employee's SOCSO number
(a) For Malaysians, usually follow their IC number
(b) For foreign workers, if they are new in Malaysia, the employer MUST pre-register their details with SOCSO and get their SSFW No. - for existing foreign workers that have worked in Malaysia, please refer to their SSFW No.
- SOCSO Category*:
- Income Tax
- Resident Status*: Learn How to update income tax information (scroll to the bottom for Resident Status)
- Income Tax Branch: Employee's income tax branch
- Income Tax Number: Employee's income tax number registered with LHDN (max 11 digits without the prefix SG/OG)
- Zakat (If applicable)
- Zakat Number: Employee's zakat number
- Employment Insurance System (EIS)
- Contribution Rate: Employee 0.2%; Employer 0.2%
- Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF) - also known as HRDC
- Please tick if HRDF contribution is applicable
- Please also set up company HRDF in the payroll setting: Learn How to turn on HRDF contribution in Payroll Settings
8. Click Confirm once all the information is completed.
- Full video on "How to Run Payroll":