Difference between Transfer Position and Change Employment
Modified on: Mon, 26 Jul, 2021 at 3:23 PM
What is the difference between transfer position and change employment
An employee’s organisation is the department or team your employee is in. Personnel changes are common HR occurrences as employees move across departments and managers change. To begin, admins will have to identify which of the following type of change it is:
This refers to when an employee moves across the organisation into a new position. This can be due to a promotion or to fill a vacant position. Before changing employment, please ensure that the desired position exists in the system and is vacant. To create a vacant position, please readHow do I create a vacancy in altHR?
Transferring position refers to the movement of a role between or within organisations, retaining their job title and job bands. The employee, along with the position, is moved to a different organisation. This can be due to restructuring of management.
Important note: If an employee is an organisation head, it is not possible to transfer their position away as it is tied to the organisation. Please use Change Employment instead.
To transfer position or change employment of an employee:
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click People > Employees.
3. Click on the Active Employees tab.
4. Search for the chosen employee.
5. On the right of the employee, click Actions > View Profile.
6. Click Employment Info.
7. On the right of the section, click Actions > Change Employment or Transfer Position.
8. Fill in the required details.
9. Confirm by clicking Change Employment or Transfer Position.
10. The employee will be moved to the new position or organisation.