What is employees import template
As an admin, you are able to import your employee information from manual HR processes and/or other management systems into altHR. Before importing employee records, admins must have completed the organisation structure in altHR. Upon meeting this criteria, admins can import employees in bulk by filling it into the prepared altHR template.
The template allows admins to import employees in bulk when initially migrating to altHR or whenever you have a large number of employees you want inputted into altHR. It comes in an Excel format where the headers are color coded- red fields are compulsory and green fields are optional. Keep in mind that when compiling the data on the template, sticking to the template’s data format is very important to be able to successfully import data. A list of detailed instructions on the format for the altHR template is available within the downloaded altHR template.
To get the employees import template:
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click People > Import/Export.
3. Click on the Import Employee tab.
4. Click Download altHR Template.
5. Key in the employees’ information into this template with the provided format. Go to the Instruction
tab in the altHR template file for format instructions.
What are the mandatory fields in the altHR template
1. Organisations tab - Department/team name and type (generated from the company structure that
you have set up at Company > Profile > Structure).
2. Employee tab - Fill in the red mandatory fields in the required format. Green fields are optional.
The red mandatory fields include:
Organisation - the department or team your employee is in
Employee’s work email
Employee’s work contact number
Job group name
Job grade name
Contract type - permanent or contract
Time type - full time or part time
Shift type - non-shift or shift