Can I choose to run payroll from the current month
- Yes. You can choose to run payroll for the current month. For a new company set up in altHR, there are two (2) default instructions in the form of notifications at the top of the Run Payroll page.
The first default instruction: Please configure Pay Run Settings before running payroll.
- If you have not updated your company’s payroll information, this notification will pop up at the top of the Run Payroll page. You are required to update your company’s payroll settings at least once before payroll can be generated.
The second default instruction: There is currently no payroll set up for your company in the system. How would you like to start payroll?
- If payroll information has been updated, but your company has yet to run a single payroll, you will see this notification at the top of the Run Payroll page. It comes with 2 buttons or options for you to choose from:
To run payroll from January (beginning of the year), or
To run payroll from the current month.
How to run payroll from the current month:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to Payroll > Run Payroll.
2. When you are ready to run payroll for the current month then click "Run Payroll".
3. Click “Confirm” and you will be taken to the Report Status page while the payroll is being processed. Click “View” to head to payroll summary page.
4. Once you’re done with checking, confirm by clicking “Confirm All”.
5. You will then be taken to the Report Status page again while the payroll is being processed. Lastly, click “View”.