What are deduction items?
Deduction items decrease an employee's monthly pay. Examples include unpaid leave, advances, zakat deduction, and more.
How to tick the Zakat Contribution box:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to Payroll > Compensation.
2. On the right of the employee list, under the Action column, click "View" for the selected employee.
3. Click "Statutory".
4. Select "Edit". Scroll down until you see "Zakat Contribution". Tick the box.
5. Click "Confirm" to save.
6. Proceed to add Zakat as a pay item to your employee's payroll. Please see the following steps.
How to add Zakat to employee’s payroll:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to Payroll > Run Payroll.
2. On the right of the employee, under the Action column, click on "Manage".
3. You will be redirected to the employee’s payroll summary page.
4. Under Deductions, click Add Item.
5. Select Zakat and fill in the details of the new deduction item.
6. Confirm by clicking Send.