- What is previous pay runs
Previous Pay Run is particularly important for tax calculation for all existing employees if you are migrating to altHR from another payroll system in the middle of the year. With previous pay run updated, the YTD remuneration and contribution will be captured to ensure accuracy in tax calculation.
If a new employee joins your company in the middle of the year where you already started using altHR, you should use Previous Employment Income. How to update employees' previous employment income.
This is different from Previous Employment Income. Previous employment income is the income the employees earned and contributions they paid in other companies prior to joining your company in the current calendar year.
Before importing previous pay run, please ensure that employees’ compensation details are updated. How to bulk upload employee's compensation info for payroll.
This section allows you to include total remuneration, EPF contribution, and income tax deducted from the beginning of the year into your employee’s tax calculation.
When to use previous pay runs
If you only start using altHR Payroll in the middle of the year e.g. August 2021 and you would like to migrate the payroll data of January to July 2021 from your old system to altHR, our system allows you to upload all at once.
- Note: If you have just started your business in the middle of the year and have no pay run in the previous month, there is no need to do a previous pay run. However, if your employee has Previous Employment Income from the previous employer then you should update Previous Employment Income despite just having started your business.
How to bulk upload Previous Pay Run:
- Head to Payroll > Settings on the left panel of the admin dashboard.
- Select Import Compensation.
- Select altHR Previous Pay Run to download the template. Fill in all the details in the excel file according to the instructions and format in the sheet. Please fill in with accurate data for the previous months as this will affect your payroll calculation when you start running payroll on altHR.
- Do not convert the template into any other format such as Google Sheets. This will corrupt the formatting present in the Import Template. Kindly input any data while maintaining it as an Excel Sheet.
- Do not edit, delete, or copy information from, or fill information into the Sample Rows as they are designed for reference and will not be recognized in the system upon upload. Begin filling in your data from the rows below.
- Once you have completed the excel template and checked that the data is correct, proceed to upload the attachment on the same page.
- Click Start Import and wait for it to load and import.
- Once it is done, you can find the uploaded Previous Pay Run in Payroll > Run Payroll > Select the month.
Before running payroll, please check the Previous Pay Runs that you've imported to ensure all the details are correct.