What is Form E?
Form E (also known as Borang E or CP8D ) is a form that allows the employer to all staff particulars to LHDN, this form will have to be submitted to LHDN via the e-Filing method on a yearly basis.
The e-Filing period usually will begin in March every year, and it will be open for 1 month for the employers to submit form E - sometimes, there is a month grace period until the end of April.
However, you are highly advised to prepare the form and necessary documents in advance to submit for the e-Filing at the soonest to avoid any potential penalty. Plus, if you are performing the submission using CP8D - you will be required to pre-submit the CP8D form to LHDN before March (the deadline will be vary based on the timeline given by LHDN)
Note: Even though the company has no employees or even the company is inactive or in process of winding up, the company is also required to submit Form E.
How do I get the form @ altHR?
For altHR payroll user that has run payroll with altHR and confirmed the December payroll, Form E will be automatically generated under the payroll module.
There are 2 documents that you will need to download from altHR prior to the e-Filing process:
- Form E (PDF format)- Read more on How to download E Form
- E-data Praisi (Txt format)- Read more on How to download E-Data-Praisi form
How do I submit the forms via e-Filing?
Before you start, please make sure that you have an active e-Filing account for your company. Please register for the account and activate it before the e-Filing period.
There are 2 major steps you will need to complete for filing a successful tax return to LHDN:
- Submission of CP8D or Prefill Data (E-data Praisi) - The deadline is usually by end of February (eg. for 2023, it is before 25th February 2023)
- Submission of Form E - The deadline is usually by the end of March
(Declaration: Below steps are based on the general guideline of e-Filing, it might be slightly different if there are changes made by LHDN, please contact LHDN for any assistance)
** Kindly turn off your pop-up blocker during e-Filing
Submission of CP8D or Prefill Data (E-data Praisi)
- Login to your company's myTax account (https://mytax.hasil.gov.my/)
- Go to ezHasil Services > e-Data Praisi/ e-CP8D
- Enter Employer No
- Click Prefill Data Upload > Click Browse to Upload the E-data Praisi (Txt file format) that you have downloaded from altHR
- Click Check to double-check the data > if there is no correction to be made, Click Check & Submit
- The system will display the file list that you have successfully upload > Click Submission Check to complete the step
***Please note that you will have to complete the submission of Edata Praisi/e-CP8D as mentioned above latest by February to proceed with the below Submission of Form E in March
Submission of Form E
- Login to your company myTax account (https://mytax.hasil.gov.my/)
- At ezHasil Services > Select e-Filing
- Select e-Form
- Select e-E >
- Fill in the Company's E number OR the Company's registration number > click Proceed
- Fill in Company Profile> At the "Cara pengemukaan C.P.8D", Select "Melalui Data Praisi" (due date on 25th February (as per the above steps at Submission of CP8D/E-Data Praisi) OR "Melalui CP 8D"( submission start from 1 March)*** > Click Next
Note: If your company is inactive or winding up or has no employees, please select "Bersama Borang E"
*** If you are submitting CP8D after 1st March 2023 via email to LHDN, and you did not submit e-CP8D/e-Data Praisi before 25 February, you will have to prepare a text file for Employer's information, and rename the E-data Praisi text file downloaded from altHR. Please read more info from LHDN on this: (page 6) https://www.hasil.gov.my/media/mpofkuqz/programmemfailbn_2023.pdf
- Fill in the total employee details and the amount by following the information on Part A @ Form E (PDF format) > Click Next
- Fill in your OR the company representative's information to sign digitally
- Click Submit to submit your Form E (You may click "Cetak Draf" or "Cetak Draf CP8D" before submitting to keep a copy of your record)
- Once it is processed, Click "Cetak Pengesahan" to print a copy of the acknowledgment of submission (or you can save it as a PDF copy on your computer)
Note: If there are any amendments after the submission of e-Data Praisi/e-CP8D, the amendments can be done in MyTax (https://mytax.hasil.gov.my) > Perkhidmatan ezHASiL > e-Data Praisi/eCP8D or email to pindaanE&CP8D@hasil.gov.my