What is People Module
The People Module, is altHR's Employee Database. This is where admins are able to digitise employee information, login settings, and the company's overall Organisational Chart. There are several steps that must be completed in Setting up the People Module :
1. Complete Set Up of Company Module - How to Set Up Company Module
2. Set Up Organisations (Or skip to step 4) - What are Organisations?
3. Set Up Positions (Or skip to Step 4) - What are Positions?
4. Bulk Import Organisations and Employees - How to Import Organisations in Bulk & How to Import Employees in Bulk
5. Set Up Approval Routings - How to Create General Approval Routings
6. Configure App Settings - How to Manage App Settings in People Module
7. Set Up Personal Assistants if needed - What are Personal Assistants?
8. Set Up Out of Office Delegations if needed - How to set Out of Office Delegations
As an admin, you are able to import your employee information from manual HR processes and/or other management systems into altHR. You may want to import employees in bulk when initially migrating to altHR or whenever you have a large number of employees you want inputted into altHR.
Importing Employee Information
Before importing employee records, admins must have already completed the Organisation Structure, Job Bands and Offices, as well as set up Organisations in altHR.
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click People > Import/Export.. In Step 1: Getting Started, you'll be able to see a progress indicator, that will show you what you may still need to set up.
3. Set Up each criteria, or use the Default Settings as seen below
4. Proceed to Import Employees in bulk in Step 3.
5. Click Download altHR Template.
The template comes in an Excel format where the headers are color coded- red fields are compulsory and green fields are optional. Keep in mind that when compiling the data on the template, sticking to the template’s data format is very important to be able to successfully import data. A list of detailed instructions on the format for the altHR template is available within the downloaded altHR template
6. Key in employee information into this template with the provided format. Go to the Instruction tab in the altHR template file for format instructions.
Note: Do not convert the template into any other format such as Google Sheets. This will corrupt the formatting present in the Import Template. Kindly input any data while maintaining it as an Excel Sheet.
Do not edit, delete, or copy information from, or fill information into the Sample Rows (Row 3 in Employee Sheet as they are designed for reference and will not be recognised in the system upon upload. Begin filling in your data from rows below.
7. Click Choose File. Select the Excel file you have filled in.
8. Confirm by clicking Start Import.
9. After successful importing, you will be able to view your imported employees at
People > Employees.
Note: When uploading the Import Templates, if you run into any errors, an Error Prompt will appear, and an Error Report (pdf) will be automatically downloaded to your device. You may refer to this error report to understand what information may have caused the error, as seen below
People Import Glossary: