What is Leaves Module
The Leaves Module, is where Admins can digitalised the Leave application and management process for the company. Admins are able configure leave policies accordingly, view and manage employee's leave requests and balances as well as configure the approval routings. There are several steps that must be completed in Setting up the Leaves Module :
1. Complete Set Up of People Module
2. Set Up Approval Routings
3. Set Up Work Days
4. Set Up Holidays
5. Set Up Leave Policies
6. Import Leave Requests
7. Modify Leave Balances if needed
8. Configure Leave Request Limit if needed
What are Work Days
Work Days are a setting in the Leaves Module where admins can set up the working days, off days and rest days for different offices/locations in their company. This is important to ensure that employees do not apply for leaves on days where they are not meant to be working, and can apply for Replacement Credits to replace days non-working days that they have been required to work. As different companies, or even different locations in a company may have different working days and non working days, this function helps Admins customise working days accordingly.
How to Set Up Work Days.
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click Leaves > Settings.
3. Click on the Work Days tab.
4. You will see the offices that you have set up. If your company operates in more than one state or country, please set them up so you can set leaves based on their respective operating days.
5. Click Edit to set and edit the work days and off days for the selected office.
6. Select the mode for each day for the office.
7. Select the action for the system to perform when a public holiday falls on Off days. If Move to Previous working day or Move to Next working day, the system will automatically list these days as Non-Working days to replace the Public Holiday that had fallen on the Off Day.
8. Confirm by clicking Confirm. The Non-Working days will be reflected in employee calendars when applying for leaves.
9. Repeat these steps to set work days