What is an Emergency Leave Policy
Emergency Leaves are a type of leave that is taken from Annual Leaves. A common practice for Annual Leave policies include requiring employees to apply for leave a certain number of days in advance. In the cases where employees are unable to apply in advance due to emergency situations such as vehicle accidents, sudden family matters, and the like, admins are able to set up Emergency Leave Policies which will allow employees to utilise Annual Leave entitlement on short notice. Admins are able to set limits for the number of emergency leaves that employees can apply for.
An admin can choose to enable an Emergency Leave policy when setting up a new Annual Leave policy. Read here to know How to Set Up an Annual Leave Policy
If this process was not done during the set up of the Annual Leave Policy, Admins may create an Emergency Leave policy on its own and tie it to the respective Annual Leave
To Create an Emergency Leave Policy:
What to fill in
Section 1: Policy Information
Link this emergency leave policy to a selected annual leave policy. You can only link ONE emergency leave policy to ONE annual leave policy.
Section 2: Limit
Select No, if employees are allowed to take as many emergency leaves as they want.
Select Yes, if there is a limit to the number of emergency leaves an employee can take. Admins can either set a limit that will be the Same for All Employees OR configure different limits for different criteria of employees.
For Example, Admins can set a different limit for employees in different years of service. After checking the box, admins can then configure the Years of Service Range, and what the limit would be for each range as seen below
Section 3: Approval Routing
- Select Yes, if you would like to use the default approval routing as set in Leaves > Settings.
- Select No, to set specific approval routings. Click Add Approval Routing. Choose Group,
- Select Approval Routing. Click Confirm. Repeat this step to add multiple groups of employees.
Important note: Make sure to add an ALL entry (groups ALL, applied to ALL) to avoid any routing errors.
- Tick Auto Approved to auto-approve a leave request after receiving no response from the employee’s manager after a chosen number of days.
- Select Yes, If you would likes to use the same Approval Routing for leave Cancellation Requests. Select No if you would like to add an approval Routing to be used for leave Cancellation Requests