What is Leaves Module
The Leaves Module, is where Admins can digitalised the Leave application and management process for the company. Admins are able configure leave policies accordingly, view and manage employee's leave requests and balances as well as configure the approval routings. There are several steps that must be completed in Setting up the Leaves Module :
1. Complete Set Up of People Module
2. Set Up Approval Routings
3. Set Up Work Days
4. Set Up Holidays
5. Set Up Leave Policies
6. Import Leave Requests
7. Modify Leave Balances if needed
8. Configure Leave Request Limit if needed
What Are Leaves Reports
As an admin, you are able to generate and download leave reports. altHR has several Leave Report available, which admins can customise in terms of the range of the infomation captured.
What Type of Leave Reports are Available
The 5 types of leave reports available are:
1. Approval routing report - When an employee submits a request, this request goes to the respective
approver(s), this is known as approval routing. This report assists the admin in checking approval
routings that have been set. Going through this file makes sure that you don’t miss anyone when
setting up approval routings. Errors in approval routing will be labelled Issue With Approval Routing in
the report file.
2. Leave request report* - This is the most commonly used report. It is a list of leave requests submitted
3. Detailed leave request report* - This report is similar to the leave request report but comes with
4. Leave balance report* - This report helps you track employees’ leave balance. It includes employees’
leave entitlement, utilised leaves and more.
5. Carry forward leave report - This report contains details of your employees’ carried forward leave
*These reports are customisable.
What is shown in the Leave Request Report
Admins can keep track of employees’ leave requests with this report. It is the most commonly used report. There are two types of leave request report, namely, Leave Request and Detailed Leave Request. They are very similar to one another with the Detailed Leave Request Report providing extra information on whether a leave is taken for a full day or half day, in the AM or PM.
The report includes these information:
1. Reference number - Every leave request is given a unique ID.
2. Employee’s name
3. Employee’s organisation - Department, branch or team.
4. Employee’s location - Where the branch or department is located.
5. Employee ID
6. Leave policy
7. Leave dates & days
8. Leave count
9. Leave half day, in the AM or PM, or full day (in detailed leave request report)
11. Link to attachment
12. Final Approver’s name & employee ID
13. Leave status - Approved, Rejected or Cancelled
14. Approver’s remark
15. Date submitted
16. Date approved/rejected
17. Date withdrawn
18. Date cancelled
19. Date cancellation approved/rejected.
To generate and download a Leave Request Report:
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click Leaves > Reports.
3. Click on the Generate Report tab.
4. Select Leave Request or Detailed Leave Request.
5. Select filters.
6. Confirm by clicking Generate Report.
7. This will lead you to the Download Report tab. It will take up to a few minutes for your report to
be generated, depending on the size of the report. You are free to navigate to other parts of the
admin panel while waiting for the report to be generated.
8. On the right of the section, Click Refresh
9. Once the report is Ready, click on Download.