What is Leaves Module
The Leaves Module, is where Admins can digitalised the Leave application and management process for the company. Admins are able configure leave policies accordingly, view and manage employee's leave requests and balances as well as configure the approval routings. There are several steps that must be completed in Setting up the Leaves Module :
1. Complete Set Up of People Module
2. Set Up Approval Routings
3. Set Up Work Days
4. Set Up Holidays
5. Set Up Leave Policies
6. Import Leave Requests
7. Modify Leave Balances if needed
8. Configure Leave Request Limit if needed
What Are Leaves Reports
As an admin, you are able to generate and download leave reports. altHR has several Leave Report available, which admins can customise in terms of the range of the infomation captured.
What Type of Leave Reports are Available
The 5 types of leave reports available are:
1. Approval routing report - When an employee submits a request, this request goes to the respective
approver(s), this is known as approval routing. This report assists the admin in checking approval
routings that have been set. Going through this file makes sure that you don’t miss anyone when
setting up approval routings. Errors in approval routing will be labelled Issue With Approval Routing in
the report file.
2. Leave request report* - This is the most commonly used report. It is a list of leave requests submitted
3. Detailed leave request report* - This report is similar to the leave request report but comes with
4. Leave balance report* - This report helps you track employees’ leave balance. It includes employees’
leave entitlement, utilised leaves and more.
5. Carry forward leave report - This report contains details of your employees’ carried forward leave
*These reports are customisable.
What is show in a Leave Balances Report
A leave balance report allows admins to track employees’ leave balance.
The report includes these information:
1. Employee name
2. Employee ID
3. Employee organisation
4. Leave policy
5. Cycle entitlement - Leave policy’s entitlement this cycle
6. Carry forward leave - Carried forward leave from previous cycle
7. Replacement credited - Replacement leave entitled
9. Total entitlement - Sum of items 5, 6, 7 and 8.
10. Carry forward deduction - Number of days carried orward to next cycle
11. Utilised - Leave days utilised.
12. Planned - Approved leave days but the date has yet to pass.
13. Pending approval - Leave days requested but still pending approval.
14. Total balance - Leave balance employees still can apply for. This is item 9 deducted by total
leave utilised (sum of item 10, 11, 12 and 13).
To generate and download a Leave Balances Report:
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click Leaves > Reports.
3. Click on the Generate Report tab.
4. Select Leave Balances.
5. Select filters.
6. Confirm by clicking Generate Report.
7. This will lead you to the Download Report tab. It will take up to a few minutes for your report
to be generated, depending on the size of the report. You are free to navigate to other parts of
the admin panel while waiting for the report to be generated.
8. On the right of the section, Click Refresh.
9. Once the report is Ready, click on Download.