What is Time Tracking
The time tracking module on AltHR allows you to view and set up a digital “clock in, clock out” system for your employees. There are two simple parts to set up in order to enable employees to use the Time Tracking function.
|Job Bands||Set up the maximum daily working hours of employees in different job bands. The job bands available here are pulled from the set up you have done in the Company module.|
|Teams||Set up teams and their time tracking settings.|
The types of clock in methods
The time tracking module on AltHR allows you to view and set up a digital and real-time “clock in, clock out” system for your employees. Admins can set and utilize 3 different methods to allow employees to clock in to and clock out of their shifts
To explore the 3 clock in and clock out methods:
1. Clock In (Realtime clock in and clock out) Read : How to Set Up Clock In for Time Tracking
2. QR Clock in (Real time clock in and clock out via scanning QR code)
3. Manual Clock in ( manually creating a timesheet aka clock in clock out session) Read : How to Set Up Manual Clock In in Time Tracking
QR clock in
The time tracking module on altHR allows you to view and set up a digital “clock in, clock out” system for your employees. One of the methods to clock in and out is by scanning a QR code.
Admins can download and display the QR code in a physical location for employees to scan when starting or ending their shift. A new QR code for each location can be easily generated by the admin by refreshing the QR.
To set up QR clock in for time tracking:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to Time Tracking.
2. Click the Settings tab.
3. Click the Teams tab.
4. On the right side of the section, click Create New Team OR Edit an Existing Team
5. Fill in the details and select requirements.
6. Confirm by clicking Confirm.
What to fill in settings for Teams
1. Enter team name.
2. Enable QR Clock In to Require your employees to clock in via scanning a QR Code in the workplace. Here you will be able to
- Enable Geofence to ensure employees clock in and out in a specified location. You can get the coordinates of the location via a simple Google search.
- Enable WiFi IP address to ensure employees clock in and out when connected to a specific Wifi Network. Key in your WiFi router’s IP address.\
- Set Work Hours to enable reflection of complete or incomplete work hour clock ins in your TimeTracking Report.
- You also have the option to Require employees to enter a description so that employees can state what they did for the day.
- To Generate the QR for Clock in, click on the QR Icon on your complete Team
Note: You are able to refresh the QR code for this team's Clock in as many times as needed, be it Daily, Weekly, or even between clock in and clock out. Be sure that you have displayed the correct QR code for your employees to clock in / clock out after you refresh the code.