In this article
- What are pre employment forms
- How to Create a Pre-Employment Form
- How to Send Pre-Employment Form to New Joiners
What is a pre-employment form
When hiring a new employee, traditionally, admins will share physical forms or files with new employees to fill in, only for another HR admin to transfer those into your HR system. The altHR pre-employment form allows you to forgo this double work. Admins can set up the fields and send the form to new employees digitally. When they fill it in, their details will be automatically updated in their altHR profile.
Note: All fields included in the pre-employment form will be mandatory to fill in.
To create a pre-employment form:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to People > Settings.
2. Click on the Pre-Employment Form tab.
3. On the top right, click Update Form.
4. Enter form title and description.
5. To add a field, click Add New Field. To add a custom field, go to What are Custom Fields ?
6. To delete a field, click on the x button.
7. To sort the fields, drag the 4 arrow icon.
8. Confirm by clicking Save.
To send the pre-employment form to new employees:
Admins will only be able to send a Pre-Employment Form to employees who have already been registered into altHR, but have not reached their Start Date (First Day of Work) yet. These employees as set as Pre-Onboarding status.
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to People > Employees.
2. Search for the employee.
3. On the right of the employee, click Actions > Send Pre-Employment Form.
4. Confirm by clicking Send Now.
5. The employee will then receive an email notification.
Read: What does the pre-employment form look like to recipients