What is Job Bands
In an organisation that has defined job bands, they are used to distinguish the level of compensation given to certain ranges of jobs. It also helps set expectations for the employee where the higher they are, the larger the scope of work becomes. Job Bands are usually made up of two parts, the Job Group and the Job Grade.
It would be useful to set up job bands for the employees, which may be used as a criteria to determine eligibility or entitlement for policies later on. All companies are set up with the Default Job Group and Default Job Grade, you may edit it to match your organisation set up. After you're done, you will need to select a Default Job Group and Job Grade, for the system to apply to new employees when you are Importing or Adding Employees.
To sum up, a Job Group is the collective group of employees that fall within a certain level of your company, whereas Job Grade allows your company to define salary bands (or pay ranges) within that Job Group.
To View Job Bands:
1. On the left panel of the admin dashboard, head to Company > Profile.
2. Click Job Bands tab on the headers section.
3. Click Add New Job Band on the top right of the header section.
To Add New Job Band - Read here How to Add and Edit Job Bands
To Select Default Job Band:
1. After you have set up your Job bands, select which to set as Default Job Group, on the left hand side of the screen
2. Click Save Job Bands
3. Select Edit, to open up the Job Grades available in the Job Group
4. Select which Job Grade to set as Default Job Grade
5. Select Submit
6. On the Job Bands page, click Save Job Bands