In This Article:
- What is Rostering
- To Clock In and Out of Shift
- To Add a Break during your Shift
What is Rostering
The Rostering Module is used for admins to create weekly Shift Rosters for their employees to know what shifts they have for the week, sign up for shifts, clock in and out of their shifts if needed, and view Shift History. There are a few ways Rostering can be used:
- As a shift schedule - For example, you are running a restaurant with two employee shifts, one in the morning and one in the evening OR day schedules, Schedule A (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) and Schedule B (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday). You are able to set up rosters like these.
- As a Business Continuity Plan - For example, you have to limit the number of people in the office building to promote safe physical distancing, you can have team A and team B that will come into the office on different days or weeks.
Employees will either be scheduled shifts, or be able to apply for a shift. Shift managers can then simply approve or reject such applications.
To Clock In and Out of a Shift
- On your web app or Mobile app homepage, tap on Rostering. If you don’t see it, tap More then look for Rostering.
- Select Clock Into Shift on the shift you wish to clock into.
Note: Depending on the settings enabled by your admin, you may be required to provide a reason for Late Clock In. Click on Confirm to continue Clock In.
- You are now clocked into your shift. When you shift has ended, select Clock Out
Note: Depending on the settings enabled by your admin, you may apply for Overtime claim In. Click on Confirm to continue Clock In.
To Add a Break during your Shift
- While clocked in to a shift, select Start Break
- To end your break and continue your shift, select End Break