Admins are able to customise employee's login password settings to enhance security and accuracy of employee logins. There are three main settings that Admins can customise:
- Password Expiry - This causes employee's passwords to expire after a certain amount of time so that employees are required to reset their passwords regularly
- Password History - This disables employees from reusing their most recent passwords when they are resetting their passwords.
- Single Sign-On - This enforces employees to login using Microsoft or Google SIngle Sign-On (SSO) instead of keying in their username and password. This further ensures that employees are only signing into their own accounts, which are linked to their Google or Microsoft accounts.
To Configure Password Settings
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click People > Settings.
3. Click on the App Settings > Password Settings
4. To Activate Employee's Password Expiry, toggle the setting ON. If not, Leave it toggled OFF
5. Input the number of days after which the password will expire and employees will need to reset their passwords.
6. To Enforce Password History Policy, toggle the setting ON. If not, Leave it toggled OFF
7. Set the number of past passwords that the employee will not be able to reuse
8. To Enforce Single Sign On, toggle the setting ON. If not, leave the setting OFF.
9. Select who Single Sign on will be enforced for by toggling On the switch.
Note: When enforcing SSO, please ensure that your email account supports Google or Microsoft SSO. If you accidentally enforced SSO and are unable to login, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.