Employee's Payroll Details to be Updated at PayrollPanda
Once you've completed the Employee Details Sync from altHR to PayrollPanda, you will notice that there are some payroll-specific fields are not synced to PayrollPanda.
Payroll-specific details such as the employee's Basic Salary, Income Tax Profile (marital status, disability status, and dependant children), PCB, and EPF contribution will NOT be synced from altHR to PayrollPanda, and will instead be updated and maintained at PayrollPanda as these values would directly affect the Payroll calculations.
For the PCB and EPF contributions, PayrollPanda has the auto-validation rule to auto-select and enable the PCB and EPF contribution based on the employee's Date of Birth, Worker Status, Nationality, and PR Status.
If there are any additional EPF contributions, this would need to be updated at PayrollPanda itself as well. Continue reading to find out how to bulk update these non-integrated fields at PayrollPanda.
Step 1: Export existing Employee Payroll Details from altHR
When you first set up your PayrollPanda account, you may use the bulk upload template to update all the non-integrated fields.
Before that, you may use the Employee Bulk Export Report to export the existing data from altHR, to help with your bulk update:
Step 2: Bulk Update at PayrollPanda
Once you've retrieved the employee's payroll details from altHR, you may refer to the steps listed below to bulk update this information at PayrollPanda:
- On your PayrollPanda Core Account, head to Employees > Bulk upload > Edit Employees
- Click on Download Sheet.
- Fill in the non-integrated fields/columns (fields that are NOT highlighted in grey).
It's important to update all items listed below before running payroll to ensure accurate payroll calculation:
List of non-integrated fields
Important: Any changes to these non-integrated fields will be updated and maintained at Payroll Panda each time before you run payroll (and when you have new hires).
- Once done, save or export the template in ".csv" format.
- Click on Upload Data to bulk update the employee's Payroll Details.
If you encounter any issues trying to upload the PayrollPanda template, you may seek help via the PayrollPanda Chat Support.
Additional Note: Worker Status(es) to be updated at PayrollPanda:
- Intern - If this is selected, the worker will NOT be subject to EPF, SOCSO, and EIS, but the internship allowance may be subjected to PCB (if above the threshold). Interns are included in the E/EA forms.
- Iskandar Knowledge Worker - Refer to this article for more info on the Qualification and Tax Incentives for this category
- Returning Expert Programme - Refer to this article for more info on the Qualification and tax rates.
- Self-Employed - If this is selected, the worker will NOT be subject to statutory contributions (PCB, EPF, SOCSO, and EIS), and they will NOT be included in the E/EA forms generated at PayrollPanda.