What is the Expenses Module ?
The Expenses Module is where admins can digitalise the expense claims submission and processes of the company. Admins are able to configure Expense Policies for employees to submit claims for, view and manage these claims submissions, configure the approval routings for these claims as well as digitally process these claims for pay out to the employee.
There are several steps admins will have to complete in order to set up the Expense Module:
1. Complete Set Up of People Module - How to Set Up People Module
2. Set Up Approval Routings -
3. Configure General Settings
4. Set Up Expense Policies
5. Import Expense Transactions if needed
6. Understand how to Process Expense Transactions
What is Expenses Report:
As an admin, you are able to generate and download expense reports. altHR has several Expenses Report available, which admins can customise in terms of the range of the information captured.
What Type of Expense Reports are Available
The 5 types of Expenses reports available are:
1. Expense Approval Routing - When an employee submits a request, this request goes to the respective
approver(s), this is known as approval routing. This report assists the admin in checking approval
routings that have been set. Going through this file makes sure that you don’t miss anyone when
setting up approval routings. Errors in approval routing will be labelled Issue With Approval Routing in
the report file.
2. Expense Transactions* - This is the most commonly used report. It is a list of expense transactions that currently exist in the Transactions page. Any expense transactions that are currently in the Process page will not be included in this report
3. Expense To Process Transactions* - This report is similar to the Expense Transactions report but only includes expense transactions that are currently in the To Process page . Any Expenses that are currently in the Transactions page, or have already Processed will not be included in this report.
4. Expense History Transaction* - This report is similar to the Expense Transactions Report but only includes expense transactions that have Already been set as Processed and are available in the Process > History page. Any expense transactions that have not yet been processed will not be included in this report.
5. Expense Dynamic Mileage Rate - If your company has set specific dynamic mileage rates for your Mileage Expense policies, you may use this report to as a quick reference of your different rates.
What is shown in the Approval Routing Report
When an employee submits a request, this request goes to the respective approver(s), this is known as approval routing. This report assists the admin in checking approval routings that have been set. Going through this file makes sure that you don’t miss anyone when setting up approval routings. Errors in approval routing will be labelled Issue With Approval Routing in the Excel file.
The report includes these information:
1. Employee name
2. Employee ID
3. Employee position
4. Policy Name
5. Before/After Deadline
6. Min Amount
7. Max Amount
8. Approver 1
9. Approver 2
10. Approver 3
11. Approver 4
12. Approver 5
13. Approval routing name
14. Date last updated
To generate and download an Approval Routing Report:
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click Expenses > Reports.
3. Click on the Generate Report tab.
4. Select Approval Routing.
5. Confirm by clicking Generate Report.
6. This will lead you to the Download Report tab. It will take up to a few minutes for your report to
be generated, depending on the size of the report. You are free to navigate to other parts of the
admin panel while waiting for the report to be generated.
7. On the right of the section, Click Refresh.
8. Once the report is Ready, click on Download.