Here are a few scenarios that you might need to hire external agent:
1. You need to add external travel agents to manage your bookings and process the requests in the
Travel Module since travel agents have to be added to the data base first before they can be
assigned to access certain sub-modules and be notified of any new request that requires their actions.
2. For tickets related to an IT software that you company is using, you may want to add the software
supplier's IT support team to handle those tickets.
The advantages of setting up an external agent:
1. The external agents will be added to your employee database but they are not included as a
headcount or your report. This is because they are not under HR. This helps HR to do better
headcount planning and organisation charting.
2. You can assign them to specific and relevant modules or sub-modules. This gives them limited
access to your app that is enough for them to carry out their work.
How to add external agents as an organisation:
Use case: You have a travel agency that processes bookings once there are travel requests from your employees. The travel agency has 3 persons to handle this and you need to add them in.
1. Head to People > Organisations
2. Click the "+" button to create a new organisation for your company
3. Give the organisation a name. We suggest that you name it External Agents if you have multiple
agencies or external agent teams to be added to this organisation later.
4. Fill in the rest of the compulsory fields.
4. Click Show Advanced Settings to change the organisation status.
6. Click confirm.
7. You've created an organisation that will be considered as an external agent. Any child organisation that
is created under this organisation will be considered as an external agent. All employees hired under
this organisation will be considered as an external agent.
Part 2: If you need to add a few external groups under the "External Agents" that you just created
1. Click the "+" button beside the organisation that you want to create child organisation under it. Since
we've created External Agents for this purpose.
2. Fill in the details of the external agent. Similarly, click the Show Advanced Settings and check
off the External Agent.
3. Click confirm.
4. You can now see the new external agent being added under your organisation.
Part 3: Add the external agents as employees (who are not included in your headcount) into the database
You can now proceed to add these agents into your data base by hiring them under the external agents organisation you just created.
To learn how to add employees: How to hire or add employees into the database
Part 4: Limit their admin access to the sub-modules they are in charge
Because you need these external agents to manage some of your sub modules e.g. travel process module, you would need to give them the access to the admin dashboard only for the relevant module.
To learn how you can assign roles & access: How to manage what external agents have access to